Now accepting applications for the 2016 season.
Application due date: January 27th at Midnight.
Maker Market is a monthly art, craft and maker fair held in the parking lot of Colectivo Bay View, just off Howell Avenue from May through September. We also have two indoor events held at Discovery World. One in May and one in November.
Our vendors are comprised of seasoned crafters and hobbyists, artists, freelance designers, performance artists, small business owners online and off, weekend warriors and full time makers. Everyone who makes is encouraged to apply, but the only condition is that you make what you sell.
Instructions on how to apply:
To apply, send and email to MakerMarketMKE@gmail.com with the following:
- The subject line of your email should read: 2016 MM Application
- Your name, your business name, your website (if applicable), your email address and your phone number
- 3-5 images of your work or a link to your website where images of your work are showcased. If using a link, please link directly to a collection of images that will represent the work you will showcase at Maker Market, not the home page of your website. If sending images attached to your application, please use web-quality images, not high res.
- Your availability. Maker Market will take place on the following dates:
March 5th, Discovery World 10 - 5
May 15th, 10 - 4
June 3rd, Bay View Gallery Night 5-10
June 19th, 10 -4
July 17th, 10 - 4
August 21st, 10 - 4
September 18th, 10 - 4
November 12, Discovery World 10 - 5
Please indicate your two most preferred dates first and then your availability for the rest of the dates. We will try our best to accommodate the preferred dates for accepted vendors. Vendors who indicate that they are available for more than two dates will be placed on the wait list for those extra dates. Don't worry, we will respond to each application with confirmation regarding dates.
- If you would like to share a booth you will need to apply together and you will need to supply Maker Market with all of this information for both vendors.
- There is no application fee!
- Booths will be 10x10' and will be $40
- Load in will begin two hours before the market opens, set up will begin one hour before the market opens and load out is immediately following.
- There will be no arriving late and no leaving early.
- Rain or Shine! Bring a tent!
Maker Market is a curated event! We expect to receive more applications than spaces to fill. The following factors will go into deciding who will participate:
-Performances or items created should not be based on any pre-existing patterns or products. Variety and innovation of vendors is important to us.
- Availability. Maker Market will run from May until September. Our aim is to accommodate as many makers as possible.
- Timeliness. Once the spots are full, there isn't anything I can do about it. If you would like to be considered for Maker Market this season, please apply straight away.